Approve, great work.
发件人: delphi_tang [mailto:email@example.com]
发送时间: 2020年12月3日 11:54
收件人: dev <dev(a)openharmony.io>
主题: [Dev] The SIG Application for My Project
I'm Delphi Tang (唐佐林) from HOS community, and I have an idea to simplify the HOS
device application development.
For the purpose, I create the open source project on Gitee named Python for
and I'd like to make it as a
SIG project for the further development.
I list some infomation about the project below, and I wish your feedback.
Delphi Tang (唐佐林)
Project: Python for HOS
Python for HOS is an optional module for HOS device development which is aimed at using
Python language to develop device application. At the moment, HOS device application is
created via C language and the developer has no other choice, which would be a wide gap
for the junior. Python is a simple and widely used language, the requirement for
supporting Python on HOS device is huge. On the other hand, Python application is
described as script, no need to compile to binary before deploying to device, the language
feature could simplify the process of application deployment and upgrade.
1. Only C language is supported for HOS device
2. The process of application deployment is complicated
3. Application upgrade from the air is difficult
4. Make it easy to make HOS device simulator
1. Making a Python engine for HOS device
2. Binding HOS device system API to Python type
3. Making Python module as a choice to develop application
4. Using the Python engine to make HOS device simulator on PC
1. Porting the Python engine from MicroPython<http://www.micropython.org/>
project and doing the necessary clipping
2. Making Python module as a choice at the application layer, NOT the system layer
3. Binding the system API from C type to Python type at HOS side
4. Providing a user friendly tool to transmit Python script from PC to device
5. Re-implement Python type system API on PC side to simulate device behavior
User Stories (optional)
I’m a deep learning engineer to supply CV solution for other companies currently.
Somtimes, I’d like to talk about HOS from Huawei to them, the CV algorithm practitioner.
Most of them show me the enthusiasm on HOS development, and they want to have a try. But,
unfortunately, they are just good at using Python to create application and unfamiliar
with C, the gap from Python to C makes a terrible obstacle for them to try to play with
HOS, especially the HOS device. So, the idea emerged from my mind, why not make Python as
a choice to develop HOS device application.
Risks and Mitigations
1. System Architecture
2. The Applilcation Level Adapter
1. Python API Unit Test
2. Python Module Integration Test
3. Muti-Type Device Platform Test
Upgrade / Downgrade Strategy
Infrastructure Needed (optional)